Exclusive provider in the United States!
The Equestic SaddleClip is designed for every rider who is serious about training and improving their horse’s performance. Basic measurements such as training structure, number of jumps, training on the left and right hand, training at each gait and symmetry show the actual load of the horse and are analyzed in real time. Qualitative analysis, such as of rhythm and power of its push off, gives an insight into the horse’s development over a longer period of time. Train your horse to become a “Happy Athlete” and raise your own awareness of progress made.
The Equestic SaddleClip is an equine motion sensor that attaches to your saddle and records all of your horse’s movements during your ride.
The Equestic app classifies the data and counts the time spent for a horse standing, walking, trotting, or cantering, and per each direction – on the left or right reins and the number of jumps.
Data is quickly analyed by artificially intelligent online service to get insights about rhythm, impulsion, and symmetry metrics of the ride.
Key functions of the Equestic SaddleClip and Equestic App
- Logbook – automatic log of date, time, duration, personal comments for each ride
- Time balance – measure the time for gaits on the left vs right reins or the time spent straight
- Transitions – track all transitions from halt to walk, all the up to canter, and back down
- Intensity – relative comparison of energy consumption between different rides
- Jumps – number of all jumps with a distinction by approach from the left and right
- Structure – visualization of training time spent by seconds on each rein
- Impulsion – measure of elevation force in walk|trot|canter with per second details
- Rhythm – clocking of steps per second and consistency measure in walk|trot|canter
- Symmetry – calculation of forces symmetry in landing, push-off, and rhythm cadence in trot
- Warnings – alert notifications of asymmetry patterns
- Benchmark – statistical reference of rhythm and impulsion by discipline and horse profile
- Insights – trend analysis of all measurements over the last 20 rides with deep insights
Train more effectively across all disciplines
With the Equestic SaddleClip you can now track your training activity and measure your horse’s progress on key indicators.
Injuries – How to spot them with the Equestic SaddleClip
Research shows that horse owners often do not realize that their horse is irregular. In a UK study, irregularities were found in 47% of the horses, while the owners had reported that their horse was regular.
Some common sport horse injuries include joint inflammation, suspensory ligament injuries, DDFT damage (Tendinitis) and sore muscles.
Each of these injuries will most likely result in your horse moving differently. The Equestic SaddleClip makes it easier to spot these injuries at an early stage. After professional care and rest, the Equestic SaddleClip will show that you horse has improved or not.
Jumpers, Hunters and Eventers have a higher risk of causing injuries on the forelimbs as they land. Often creating issues with the deep digital flexor tendon (DDFT) either through inflammation or as an actual tear in the tendon. Suspensory ligament injuries as well as issues in the navicular bone and ligaments in the hoof often occur as well. Due to the nature of their work these horses are highly prone to foot injuries, hind leg injuries and knee swelling.
Dressage horses more often experience injuries more related to repetitive stress. The nature of the sport does create injuries to the legs, neck and spine. The horse must hold its own weight and injuries can often be joint and muscle issues and lead to degenerative joint disease (arthritis) in the fetlocks, hocks, neck and spine.